- The faculty members have written 45 high quality books which have been prescribed as text / reference books throughout the country.
- A team of students from Mechanical Department, Arjun Premchandran, Keerthivas and Vaisakh R. Sarma won the FIRST Prize in Inventor Sustainable Design Competition 2012 at IIT Madras conducted by National Skill Development Corporation and Autodesk (Total Prize Money : Rs. 1 Lakh, under the guidance of Dr. C. K. Umesh, Professor of the Department of Mechanical Engineering).
- A team of 7th Semester students, Samhitha M. R, Akshay Kumar B. U and Gowrishankar A have won the SECOND Prize in National Level Design Fellowship Contest – ANVESHAN conducted by Analog Devices, Bangalore, June 2013 (Total Prize Money: Rs. 75000/‐) under the guidance of Shri. B. K. Venugopal.
- Dr. P Deepa Shenoy, Department of Computer Science and Engineering was invited by IEEE-WIE committee at Atlanta, USA, May 2013.
- Twenty one sponsored projects were undertaken and 12 were successfully completed.
- Seven hundred and fifty Consultancy Projects have been completed out of which 240 were completed in the last 3 years. The Institute has entered MOU with 30 leading industries.
- Two hundred and two Ph.Ds. were produced in UVCE till date and of which fifty four were awarded in the last 3 years.
- The fee structure is one of the lowest in the Country with a total of 4200 students. In addition, 70% of students are being awarded scholarship to a tune of Rs. 6 Crores per annum. The scholarships are given through various bodies like SC / ST, OBC, MNCs, UVCE Alumni, PGCET, GATE etc.
- International Journal in Information Processing (IJIP) is in its 8th Year of publication and is edited by Dr. L. M. Patnaik, Professor, IISc and Dr. Venugopal K. R, Principal UVCE.
|Percentage of Faculty with Ph.D.||64%|
|Number of Completed Sponsored R&D Projects||18|
|Number of Ongoing Sponsored R&D Projects||09|
|Number of International Conferences conducted In 2013||04|
|Number of Completed Consultancy Project||750|
|Number of Ongoing Consultancy Projects||12|
|Number of Publications in last two years|
|Number of Ph.D. Students on roll||171|
|Number of Ph.Ds. Enrolled in 2013‐14||39|
|Number of Ph.Ds. Awarded in the last Three Years||54|
- Ninety five per cent of the faculty would become Doctorates by 2015 and faculty members are supported to attend and present Research papers abroad.
- Meritorious UG / PG students who have secured more than 80% in PU examination are admitted in UVCE ensuring it to be as one of the foremost Technical Educational Institution in the Country. UVCE was ranked 15th in India Today.
- A total of 165 internships were offered to B.E. / M.E. student during the year 2013 – 14 at Goldmansachs, Netapp, VMware, Verisign, SAP Labs, SBI, etc. with an average internship pay of Rs. 15,000 per month.
- UVCE has a well‐equipped library with over 2 lakhs books with a yearly grant of Rs. 50 lakhs.
- UVCE won various Awards at National and International levels like Best Branch Award, Best Website Award, Best Student Volunteer Award, Best Volunteer Award, Best Branch Councillor Award (New York), Best Branch Councillor Award (Bangalore Section) and Best WIE International Award to name a few. The Women In Engineering (WIE) IEEE group also recently won the award for the Most Active WIE Branch.
- In 2012, maximum of 5 jobs at an average of 2.3 jobs were offered per student.
- 100 Mbps internet connection expandable to 1Gbps is provided by the National Knowledge Commission, National Informatics Centre and maintained by Power Grid Corporation of India.
- The students are encouraged to involve in technical activities such as IEEE‐UVCE, Researchers club (Avishkar), Astronomy club, Open Source Software club, Entrepreneur club, Robotics club and Art Forum.
- IEEE UVCE has “Women‐in‐Engineering” wing to empower and encourage girl students to organize various events to make them good leaders. This wing has won national and international awards.
- UG / PG students are encouraged to involve in research activities / project and have co‐authored conference / journal publications.
- Initiated Employability Enhancement Training Programme (EETP), a joint initiative of BSNL and AICTE in Telecommunication