University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, popularly known as UVCE, was established in the year 1917, by Bharat Ratna Sir. M. Visvesvaraya. It is the FIFTH Engineering College to be established in the country. After the formation of Bangalore University in 1964, UVCE became the constituent college of Bangalore University. This Institution is imparting technical education leading to B.E., M.E., B.Arch, M.Sc (Engineering) and Ph.D. Degrees in various disciplines of Engineering and Architecture. UVCE is recognized by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Government of India and is the recipient of financial aid under World Bank’s Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) in Phase I and Phase II. OUR VISION: To strive for Excellence in Engineering Education realizing a Vibrant and Inclusive society through knowledge, creation and dissemination.
- Build infrastructure (Mechanical Block, Visvesvaraya Centenary Block, Hostel Block, Visvesvaraya Metro Block and laboratories) to compete globally.
- Increase in recruitment of faculties from 186 to 500 in 12th and 13th five year plan.
- Starting of new PG, UG, PGDM and Skill Development Programs.
- Increase in the number of Under graduates, Post graduates and Ph. Ds produced from the Institute (from 4000 to 8000), training and increase in employability of UG, PG and Research Students.
- Placement to all students, enhanced employability, scholarship to all meritorious, socially and economically challenged students.
- Increase in the number of faculty members involved in guiding Ph. D. Research scholars and encourage Interdisciplinary Research activities through Institution - Industry Interactions, collaboration with corporate, DRDO and foreign universities.
- Establish Centre of Excellence catering to the research needs in the high technology areas.
- Increase internal revenue generation and make it self sustaining.